Name of Organization/Company: Tofas Turk Automobile Fab., Bursa, Turkey
Category: Achievement in Competencies and Skill Development or Management
About Tofas & Tofas Academy
Tofas is a Turkish Automotive Company which has equal shareholders as Koc Holding and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Tofas is the fifth largest industrial enterprise of Turkey and one of the two R&D centers of our shareholders in Europe. It has an annual manufacturing capacity of 450,000 vehicles with 8,000 employees. It undertakes the representation of 6 brands (Fiat-Fiat Professional-Alfa Romeo-Jeep-Maserat-Ferrari) in Turkey.Tofas realizes 25% of the production and export of industry and exports to 80 countries.
Tofas Academy is an ATD BEST #1 (2018) corporate university that provides a unique and personalized training experience to 16,000 people in the value chain including the employees of the company, dealers, and suppliers.
Business Need and Audience
Digital Transformation School was established to ensure that Tofaş employees have the necessary knowledge to explore, understand and implement new technologies, to increase the competitiveness of the organization with digital transformation projects and to ensure that Tofaş employees have the agility to make a digital transformation.
Digital transformation trainings are blended long-term program designed to develop TOFAS specialists, managers, all employees and most critical positions of TOFAS IT Unit; Data Analyst, IoT (Internet-of-Things) leaders and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Leaders.
Digital Transformation School context involves Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Robotic process Automation, Image Processing, AR & VR to develop specific competencies to create exceptional peoples.
Therefore, school curriculums has been designed to support a competencies and skills development need within all organization.
16 Tofas employees from different departments and 7 partner employees worked for system design, training organization and curriculums as listed below:
• Tofas Academy
• Digital Transformation Committe
• ICT Department
• Automation Any Where
• Koç Academy
The learning objective of the school program is defined as learning by doing. According to this all trainings have been executing end-to-end from e-learning to on the job training. However, all learning path designed according to Learning Pyramid from lecture to teach others principles. In addition to this, development cycle created for each digital programs such as IoT, RPA, etc. And this cycles shows participants what they do each steps of competency development progress.
The program proved its success with the following outcomes:
Step1 - E-Learning Trainings
• 100% Participation
• The participants’ satisfaction score is 4.6/5.
• 100%. Awareness of Digital transformation technologies
Step2 - Practice Trainings
• 80% Participation
• The participants’ satisfaction score is 4.8/5.
• Real projects applied Minimum 1 participant or group makes 1 project (2020: 1,59 €/car)
• Company KPI goes better (FTE, FTC, Losses, Breakdown, etc..)
• New Certifaceted Digital Transformation Citizens (2020: 180 certificate employee)
Digital Transformation School programs have been created 2 parts due to guarantee learning. A wide portfolio of learning methods is incorporated into the design of Digital Transformation Program and customized for each digital competency.
Step 1: E-Learning Trainings (300 people) – (1th of April – to 30th tof Agust 2020)
• Online-Training (150 - hours)Data Analytics
• Online-Training (60 - hours)Internet of Things
• Online-Training (10 - hours)Robotic Process Automation
• Motivation Letters
• Pre-test _ Last-Test
• Awareness and motivation
• People named junior who complete these steps named Fundemantal Level
Step 2: Practice Trainings (180 people) (15th of June to 30th of December 2020)
• Virtual-Classroom-Training (9-days )Data Analytics
• Virtual-Classroom-Training (5-days )Internet of Things
• Virtual-Classroom-Training (3-days )Robotic Process Automation
• Have been done project apply sessions to go live with coachs
• These people named as a digital transformation leader they own workshops,
• End of practice trainings participants digging new digital transformation projects own units
• Participants have a nationally valid certificate at the end of all programs
Change Management Roles
Trainers: 6 employees from ICT and 4 Consultant from External Company responsible for training all the audience.
Unit Managers: 60 Unit Managers choose and encourage their own unit audience. Gives them a letter of motivation for the join digital transformation training programs
Program Coachs (Leader specialists): These 6 professional ICT employees support and coach the participants
Coordinators: 3 Academy employee responsible for sustaining coordination, guidance, and manage Digital Transformation School.
• Diverse Learning Methods: Virtual Classroom trainings, video-learning, and user manuals.
• Time Constraint: 2-month to design, benchmarks and execute Digital programs and The Business Model Canvas Template, 2/3 weeks for e-Learnings, 4/5 weeks practice traings within Q3 of 2020
• Diverse Segmentation: Learning paths diversified for 3 different segments of digital programs (Iot, RPA, DataAnalytics).
• Big Project Team: A team of 16 people took role in design and execution of the school.
• Change Management Applied: Trainer, Unit Manager, Program Coachs and Coordinator end user roles are defined to manage the change effectively.
• High Satisfaction: Participants are satisfied at 4.8 over 5.0.
• High Adoption: Adoption rate is 80%. This transition didn’t damage the daily workshop operations.
• Business outcome: 180 participant prepared 58 project and company KPIs improved within December’2020
Support Document: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/5f091c9e-2c54-403a-8872-68ce2dcfb73e?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302853&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22Digital%20Transformation%20School_Stevie.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=pEpYa9JmAHaFwnnOzNsuXB2C%2BKc%3D