Name of Organization/Company: Dubai Roads & Transportation Authority
Category: Achievement in Certification Programs
RTA (Dubai Roads & Transportation Authority) was established in 2005 with the sole purpose of planning and executing comprehensive, integrated and state of the art transport, roads and traffic solutions in Dubai, and Dubai with other Emirates of UAE. Our responsibilities and internationally leading services include Roads and Traffic, Rail, Public Transportation, and Licensing within a comprehensive governance framework. In this respect, RTA is unique in the world, as it handles all roads and transport functions under one umbrella: roads management and infrastructure transportation services including; rail, bus, marine, taxi, vehicle and drivers licensing.
Dubai Metro achieved a punctuality rate of 99.7% from the United Kingdom’s Office of Rail and Road. The Authority continues to improve traffic safety standards, which helped reduce the traffic-related mortality rate from 21.9 per 100,000 people in 2006 to 2.4 in 2019.
To achieve the leadership’s aspirations for the next phase; and in alignment with the succession planning, Qeyadi program, which means (Leadership), was developed to provide (20) RTA engineers since (2009 ) with a state of art learning experience, it aims to equip participants with technical and business skills. The 4th cohort was designed to be delivered over a period of (2) years
Qeyadi is a comprehensive customized development program was designed in a transformative learning experience aimed to upskill RTA Engineers team to international standards.
Following the completion of Qeyadi, RTA has achieved the following:
1. Retaining professionally qualified engineers able to demonstrate the competencies and expertise of RTA’s employees, giving RTA’s customers / stakeholders’ full confidence in their ability to deliver projects of all sizes.
2. RTA was the pioneer government entity in the region to design, develop and deliver such unique program.
3. Providing participants with open access to online portal with 1200 hours of specialized niche knowledge content across 324 programs.
4. As part of ICE’s global built environment community, ICE members share best practice to help ICE lead the debate on the big issues in infrastructure.
5. Raising the awareness of healthy lifestyle among RTA Staff which affects positively RTA employees performance.
Technical part of Qeyadi followed 4 levels of Kirkpatrick methodology:
1. Reaction: completing feedback forms after every learning intervention.
2. Learning: pre and post assessments for all modules.
3. Behavior: participants' feedback was shared and received from line managers, and a continued assessment of behaviors, will have to be demonstrated each year on line.
4. Results: promotions to positions of greater responsibility. In addition to improving the Future Leaders contributions.
Qeyadi showed the following results:
1. Wellbeing part: 86%
2. Technical part: 92%
3. Leadership part: 98%
1. Wellbeing part: 90%
2. Technical part: 95%
3. Leadership part: 89%
Overall satisfaction 92%
Despite of the Covid-19 challenging situation, Qeyadi participants continued their associated training courses, coaching sessions, exams, and completed all the required assignments online, while at the same time benefiting from the knowledge gained and shared with them by their mentor, making information and world class knowledge sources accessible to them.
After completing the program, sitting for the professional review; out of the total (20) participants, (13) have been promoted, while (2) Participants have been awarded the titles of:
• Chartered Engineer: 2nd male Emirati to achieve this certificate.
• Incorporated Engineer: 1st female Emirati to achieve this certificate.
Qeyadi is a tailor-made development program, consists of 3 pillars:
1. Technical pillar: with full support of Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), it was delivered predominantly face-to-face, but with a blended learning approach, with Bespoke Supervising Civil Engineer support service.
2. Leadership pillar: in collaboration of Middlesex University – Dubai, and in alignment with RTA Technical Competency Framework and Qeyadi 4 objectives after assessing the leadership skills of RTA engineers.
3. Wellbeing pillar: in collaboration of Dr. Dana Diet Center. The main objective was to understand the importance of nutrition, healthy lifestyle and positive mindsets. That led to positive effect on participant's performance at work by maintaining work health balance. Participants' survey responses displayed 84 % average total improvement in a range from gastrointestinal issues to improved healthy eating habits. Stress levels reduced from as high as 10/18 to as low as 3/18 on final visit assessments for some participants.
Qeyadi program documented the progress of delegates over the years, here we attach some samples showing the design, delegates dashboard, comprehensive reports, and media coverage, below a list:
1. Media coverage: media coverage with articles in the local famous – (Arabic and English) newspapers talking about RTA launching ‘Qiyadi 4’ to enrich skills of Emirati engineers.: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/3a489ff5-efe4-40cb-9ddd-eb79a1123698?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302431&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22RTA_Qeyadi_Media_Coverage.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=UyAgrOSgRnPOsssZyO1O3yxRAEk%3D
2. Chairman's awarding photos of the Chairman awarding 2 distinguished participants with their certificate, in the presence of participants Chief Executive Officers, department directors and HR director.
3. Certificate copies: copy of the certificates the participants have received from the training provider – (ICE) after attending and passing the Professional Reviews Panel, which has resulted in the recommendation that they both were admitted as a Member. In addition, entitles them to describe themselves as a Member of the Institution and use the designatory letters MICE after their names.
4. Reference letters from ICE: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/6e171e2c-bb62-4158-bc89-cac6b540975d?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302431&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22RTA_Qeyadi_Testimonies%26_Knowledge_Share.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=ymtJagEass%2FQfiblmmbFO%2FHuyPk%3D
5. Mentor Profile
6. Acknowledgment of Society of Engineers UAE
Supporting Document: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/d9198965-2e91-4077-89ee-4defdf55c0b6?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302431&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22%28Qeyadi%204%29%20Program%20Guide.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=Ol2W9K54lD0KXcxyBgeJLeWG2d0%3D
Supporting Document 2: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/14e45932-64c1-4573-a74b-2bd16a337403?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302431&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22Qeyadi%204%20Leadership%20Final%20Report%20-%20MDX.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=XIE5ao9hdQ%2Fn2t%2FFmM%2BCHMGWKlg%3D
Supporting Document 3: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/f7408b08-667f-4a2f-b87c-ae8437a35479?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720302431&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22RTA_Qeyadi_Participants_Progress_Report_%26_Evaluation_Samples.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Signature=7Q0D1C0tGxzm9oOZPlPKOPTeoV8%3D