Name of Organization/Company: IBM, Armonk, NY USA
Category: Applicant Assessment or Tracking Solution - New or New-Version
Select for IBM: Launched October 2019, update released in February 2020.
Imagine a one-stop-shop where hiring managers, recruiters, and interviewers can collaborate on interviews and manage the entire process, from creating the interview team to making hiring decisions as a seamless experience across multiple end-users. The Select for IBM App does just this and adds value to the organization in a number of ways:
• Drive Changes in User Behavior: evaluation of interviewer performance enables calibration, continuous learning, and behavior change through targeted interventions including embedded just-in-time learning and smart prompts, alongside reinforcement of best practices through app structure and workflow.
• Enhance User Experience: fosters a seamless experience for IBMers, recruiters, hiring managers, and interviewers by reducing time investment with interview management and increasing ownership through clear roles and responsibilities.
• Enhance Candidate Experience: the upfront alignment, expectation calibration and preparation of the interviewers enabled by the App results in a positive experience for candidates that is organized, professional, consistent, and engaging.
• Enable Scaled Deployment: real-time integrations to and from IBM’s Applicant Tracking System and capabilities supports the coordination of hundreds of thousands of interviews conducted by tens of thousands of interviewers globally, across different interview mediums and formats.
• Reduce Resource and Production Cost: reduced manual effort and time savings during previously time-consuming steps in the interview process, including interview scheduling which is now conducted via the Scheduling Assistant, interview preparation via online guide creation, and evaluation at the interviewer’s fingertips.
• Improve Talent Quality: supports more consistent and reliable assessment and evaluation at interview resulting in greater quality of hire.
There are some really exciting results that demonstrate the impact of the App and its positive relationship to the important outcomes that App was designed to solve.
• Enhance User Experience: User experience is world class, with an NPS score of 53.
• Reduce Resource and Production cost: The Scheduling Assistant is estimated to save $3 million, based on a saving of 15 minutes of recruiter time per interview.
• Improve Talent Quality: Consistency and reliability can be shown by inter-rater reliability; in ~90% of cases, the interview team is unanimous in the decision to offer. Quality in real terms is trending favorably, with SFI contributing to a 22% reduction in hiring mistakes compared to 2019.
• Drive Changes in User Behavior. A distinct behavior change is observed, with 10 times the number of evaluation forms being submitted for non-offered candidates in comparison with offered candidates.
“I love this tool, is super friendly, easy to understand and explain to hiring managers, I have received only good feedback from my hiring managers about Select for IBM, one of the remarkable comments that I received is; I would like to know who or whom were the developers of this tool, I think these people should change or improve almost all the tools in IBM.” – IBM Recruiter
“Select for IBM adds more structure….It is a helpful tool, especially for newer managers.” – IBM Manager
“This tool was design for users, have a lot of useful features to perform my activities as interviewer.” – IBM Interviewer
“Finally a tool which is 100% transparent with interview feedback and results... best things which happened to IBM....” – IBM Interviewer
“Helps select better candidates and provide them with a better experience.” – IBM Recruiter
“Thanks, this tool helps me organize my interviews” – IBM Recruiter
Brandon Hall Group Excellence in Technology Awards 2020 Winner in 3 categories:
• Best Advance in Candidate Assessments Technology
• Best Advance in Unique Talent Acquisition Technology
• Best Advance in Emerging Talent Acquisition Technology
Brandon Hall Awards - https://www.brandonhall.com/excellenceawards/excellence-technology.php?year=2020
Link to Product Demo - http://ibm.biz/selectforibm_demovideo
Supporting Document: https://vo-general.s3.amazonaws.com/a1ab4161-9c30-4e28-88fc-d6ad384e3fe2/ce49ecec-68cc-4d20-9969-86dcdbdb1ae3?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4PRWO26HAX3IOCA&Expires=1720393612&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22HR%20Product-%20F03%20Applicant%20Assessment%20or%20Tracking%20Solution%20_%20New%20Version.pptx%22&response-content-type=application%2Fvnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation&Signature=Mr1QrHsknZM68fBdDoNlpL1p86Q%3D