Name of Organization/Company: Alorica, Irvine, CA USA
Category: Employer of the Year - Business & Professional Services
Alorica is a trusted global leader in customer experience solutions, made up of roughly 100,000 passionate problem solvers who make lives better through positive customer interactions. For over two decades, Alorica has supported some of the world’s most respected brands with the best talent and resources necessary to create great experiences. Alorica provides a host of world-class services, from customer care to financial solutions and digital services, to clients across industries of all kinds, many of whom are on the Fortune 500. Alorica contact centers and operation hubs span the globe with locations in 15 countries. Its purpose is to make lives better through more than 2 billion positive customer interactions annually, at every touchpoint.
Alorica delivers outstanding customer experiences through both traditional and emerging services, including content moderation, concierge services, gaming support and fraud programs. As a result of its unwavering vision and execution, Alorica was recently recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Customer Service BPO—the most prestigious category based on the leading global research and advisory firm’s industry analysis. Alorica was recognized as an industry frontrunner for both “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute.”
Alorica is proudly comprised of many cultures, languages and backgrounds—in the spirit of diversity, Alorica is unlike most large international entities in that it follows its employees’ lead, not the other way around.
Alorica embraces a family-like culture of giving, reflected in the company’s employee-led, non-profit partner Making Lives Better with Alorica (MLBA). Instead of corporate headquarters deciding where to give charitable contributions, MLBA empowers its 70 Chapters around the world to support the local communities that matter most to them. In 2020, MLBA raised $866,782 and distributed 924 grants totaling $527,151.
Alorica’s 2020 CSR initiatives included the formation of its newest global social impact program TIDE (Together for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity), which serves as a cornerstone for the entire Alorica employee experience. TIDE’s Real Talk sessions provide an interactive forum for Aloricans to come together and discuss social issues that are most important to them and their communities—topics include DEI, gender bias, sexual orientation, discrimination and dismantling stereotypes.
Employees also stay connected through virtual events. During the monthly Alorica Connection Call, Aloricans are encouraged to have fun by dancing, listening to “off-the-cuff”, comical presenters and engaging with each other. The quarterly 2020 Women’s Initiative Speaker Series featured business leaders as well as a mental health provider so employees could receive holistic support—ways to learn and grow in their careers as well as take care of their physical and emotional wellbeing.
As the largest minority-owned BPO in the world (and the only amongst its top competitors), Alorica recently earned a Silver in the 2021 Stevie® Awards for Minority-Owned Business of the Year, and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by both the National Minority Supplier Development Council and Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council. Alorica also recently won Comparably’s Best CEOs for Diversity Award, which was based on employee feedback.
The focus on employee engagement and performance has resulted in increased employee satisfaction, lower attrition rates, and leaders being promoted from within the company year over year. The company raised its employee Net Promotor Score (eNPS) by 28% from January to September of 2020, illustrating employees’ willingness to recommend their workplace to friends and family. And, our global Town Hall average attendance is 650 attendees per call with 250 chat interactions.
During the pandemic, Alorica was able to successfully pivot the majority of its operations around the world to a work-at-home (WAH) model, ensuring business continuity, its employees’ ability to work, and overall safety. The platform empowers agents with innovative gamified digital tools and resources to build skills, performance and culture in a distributed workforce model that not only allows the company to provide further flexibility to clients, but also to employees.
As a result, Alorica’s WAH delivery yielded a 7% increase in eNPS, leading to improved attrition and fill rates, 6% better overall performance and 100% continuity of services for hundreds of clients across all industries.
- As noted, Gartner recognized Alorica for its completeness of vision and placed it highest for its ability to execute. The Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Customer Service BPO provides a comprehensive, objective and unbiased analysis of the industry’s vendors.
- Alorica has provided WAH solutions for more than 17 years. So when COVID-19 struck, the programs the company had established and the practices already implemented proved enormously valuable.
- As further evidence to the success of Alorica’s TIDE initiative, employees from across the globe have shared the following sentiments:
- “The Alorica family is not about looks, color, race, gender, age or sexual orientation. It’s our talents and uniqueness that make us special and bring us together.” – Alexandra Alvarado, Sr. EE Benefit Coordinator, Guatemala
- “If we step outside of the assumptions we all make about others, we’ll see just how much we have in common.” – Kevin Spence, Client Solutions Sr. Director, United States
- “Behind the LGBTQIA+ label is someone who deserves love, kindness, compassions, respect and equity like any other human being.” – Roy Hapa Sy, Operations Site Leader and Sr. Director, Philippines
- “Alorica allows me to genuinely express myself and be bold enough to confidently share my opinion.” – Nicanor “Nica” Feratero, Quality & Training Supervisor, Canada
- Additional links highlighting Alorica’s successes—including CSR momentum, a WAH case study and previous employee-focused accolades—are captured below.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Fact Sheet