Company: Tech Mahindra Ltd.
Category: Most Innovative Use of HR Technology During the Pandemic
C.P. Gurnani, MD & CEO of Tech Mahindra summarized our COVID- 19 response - “Our focus continues to be on ensuring the safety and well- being of our associates, partners and customers; while continuing to keep mission- critical systems on for global clients.”
Digital interventions for COVID – 19
- Created a live micro- site with travel advisory, quarantine protocols, safety measures, details of 24*7 emergency response teams, app download links
- Daily newsletter called TechM Coronicles launched
- PrimeTime@9 a daily chat session with internal/external thought leaders was a big hit.
- Launched the MHealthy app with 32 screening tests, risk profile, access to medical care, antibody test for COVID- 19
- Launched Ashvin, a Doctor Consultation App as per Indian Medical Council guidelines
- Employer branding on social media through hashtags like #lovetobeTechM #TechMAgainstCOVID19 and #DistantButConnected.
- Associate experiences through touch- less enhancements to Facial Recognition, K2 and UVO Chatbot
- Daily wellness sessions for mental (psychological experts with byte sized videos), emotional (stay connected virtually while maintaining social distance) and physical (how to stay healthy and fit) were conducted.
- Learning consumption increased 300%
- An online donation drive led to INR 60 million collected to support COVID- 19 relief efforts.
- We supported the government by developing tech solutions like a curfew pass for Delhi Police, command center for Kanpur, Plugins for Arogya Setu app etc.
- Our Maker’s Lab researched virus protein comparative analysis to aid development of therapeutic drugs
- SEIR modelling was used for what- if analysis to predict pandemic spread
Mhealthy effectively and economically screen risks related to Covid in a holistic manner. It can identify individuals at risk and prevent workplace transmission. It is an industry first solution and launched globally. It screens multiple parameters to provide a health status report in real time. This will help provide a data- driven decision making platform to line managers to plan and reinforce policies of a secure workplace.
Facial recognition tool is used for attendance and capturing moods – it was voice enabled UVO Chatbot answers common HR operational queries
K2 is our first humanoid employee
A newsletter called TechM Coronicles containing inspirational stories, squashing of rumours, training calendars, leadership messages and customer kudos.
We were recently certified by Great Place to Work institute and ranked 21 among the Top 100 companies in India. To celebrate this, we started the Happiness Challenge encouraging associates to share 3 things that make them happy and nominate others on the intranet as well as on social media
Several engagement programs like Musical Game Show, Share your Quarantine talent etc. were launched to involve associates and their families.
The “Each One House One” initiative let to associates welcoming other TechMighties living in the locality to their home on a temporary basis.
We partnered with Wall Street Journal for specialized articles on our industry Cadence calls are customer check- in’s
Ashvin is a Doctor Consultation App as per Indian Medical Council guidelines Our Entellio chatbot used as a plugin in Indian Government’s Arogya Sethu app