Company: Cathay United Bank
Category: Achievement in Workforce Development and Learning
Cathay United Bank (CUB) was established on May 20, 1975 and for the past 40 years, the Bank has taken firm roots in the local market. With 165 branches in Taiwan and 10,745 employees as of 2019, CUB is the largest private bank in Taiwan. The Bank offers a wide range of financial services, including wealth management, consumer finance, digital finance, corporate finance, international finance, private banking, trust investment. Our quality services have received plentiful awards and are highly recognized by domestic and international institutions.
In the era of Fintech, traditional finance has transitioned to digital finance. Meanwhile, job opportunities for first- line workers in the global banking industry are dwindling in a large scale because digital technology and robots can also provide services to customers. However, is laying off employees the sole path to transformation? CUB believes that employees are essential assets of the Bank. By helping employees reshape their mindsets, the Bank can nurture professional and thoughtful salespeople so as to optimize customer service experiences, from which the Bank will benefit more. Therefore, the Bank launched Employees’ Journey of Transformation in 2019 and has accomplished the following achievements:
1. The Bank created a learning journey- The journey centers on employees’ experiences during the training period and established 3 milestones to guide employees through the transformation process painlessly.
2. Employees who received the training succeeded in serving as salespeople- On average, the rate of achieving sales targets for employees who completed the training reached 177%.
3. The outcome of the training reached Level 5 (Jack Philips)- The ROI of training hit a record high of 2560%. (References: Dr. Jack Phillips ROI Methodology)
1. 97.8% of trainees found the Employees’ Journey of Transformation satisfactory (the satisfaction rate of professional training in 2018 was 97.3).
2. The retention rate of employees who completed the journey is 97.5%, way above the Bank’s average of 90.5%.
3. The rate of achieving sales targets for employees who completed the training reached 177%, higher than general salespeople’s average of 136%.
4. The ROI of Employees’ Journey of Transformation amounts to 2,560%. In other words, for every NTD invested in the transformation training, profit of NTD25.6 can be generated. The number increased by 563% in comparison with that in 2018 (1,997%).
5. The Bank receives numerous domestic and overseas awards concerning customer service.
Video clip “Employees’ Journey of Transformation”: https://youtu.be/3AhEIEhnkHM