Company: AINS, Inc., Gaithersburg , MD USA
Nomination Category: Human Resource Information System -New Version
AINS is a leading global provider of cloud-based, adaptive case management platforms and solutions. Since 1988, AINS has empowered over 400 organizations around the world to rethink how they work by providing innovative software solutions and services. The development of case management technology has become an emerging approach to solving real-world business challenges across the public and private sectors in the past 25 years. Case management frameworks reduce the complexity of creating case-style process solutions by embedding best practices and architectural patterns into unified frameworks.
Unlike other BPM solutions that were retrofitted for case management, eCase was built for case management from the ground up, enabling faster prototyping and production of solutions across diverse business processes. By leveraging the power of our eCase platform, AINS excels at analyzing client business requirements and quickly configuring (not coding) lightweight, scalable solutions that adapt to the needs of our customers and our staff. This includes a variety of human resources solutions that are part of the eCase HR Suite of Applications.
At AINS, we believe the most valuable asset of any company is its dedicated workforce. We also understand that in human resources, the focus should be on the employee—not the process. We saw a fundamental error of focus in most HR Information Systems, including our own. This is why we have completely redesigned all of our eCase HR applications to revolve around a single focus: the eCase Employee Portal.
With the Employee Portal, the power of the HR process is returned not only to HR personnel, but to the employees themselves. We created the Portal to match the following objectives:
· Simplify the employee and manager experience with HR – Creating a OneHR Experience to increase employee engagement and communication.
· Provide employees with a one stop shop experience.
· Centralize all employee HR functions in one place to eliminate multiple log ins, multiple applications, and the complexity of tracking down contacts.
· Create an experience where employees know exactly who to contact for each process. The system takes care of providing the information needed and directs information flow where it needs to go.
· Create a single platform experience that gives HR a unified consistent experience across all HR functions.
The eCase Employee Portal currently supports the roles of Employee, Manager, and Program Administrator. The Portal Integrates with and enables most applications in the eCase HR Suite of Applications, including: ER/LR, Performance Management, Workers Compensation, Telework, HR Help Desk, EEO Complaints and Reasonable Accommodations. No more HR processes in a million places: all applications are centralized on the eCase Platform, integrated around the eCase Employee Portal.
The eCase Platform, its HR Suite of Applications, and the eCase Employee Portal were all designed under the principle that automating case management and HR processing shouldn’t cause users across the enterprise to rely on IT to continue operations. Rather, intuitive design and low coding allow any HR office to transform HR into an effective, comprehensive system geared to the digital age. With the eCase Employee Portal, the eCase HR Suite of Applications comes one step closer to becoming the only HR solution an organization will ever need. And with eCase’s configurable, scalable approach, eCase HR can evolve with HR demands, continuing to meet new business needs well beyond the typical five-year period of performance, greatly increasing return on investment.
AINS built the eCase Employee Portal to perform and enable these core functions:
1. Integrate with and enable all applications in the HR Suite of Applications, including: ER/LR, Performance Management, Workers Compensation, Telework, HR Help Desk, EEO Complaints and Reasonable Accommodations.
2. Provide a single, unified, and enterprise employee engagement experience enabling employees to communicate with HR.
3. Manage key functions with a people first focus.
4. Access department and agency policy documents.
5. Engagement calendars to communicate important due dates, agency events or department level events.
6. Provide a single interface to access external systems such as payroll or learning management systems.
7. Provide enterprise-level organizational charts with drill down capabilities, phone and email contacts.
8. Integrate with the new version 10.5 of the eCase Platform, complete with a more streamlined look and interface.