Company: AINS, Inc., Gaithersburg , MD USA
Nomination Category: Employee Relations Solution Provider of the Year
Solution Provider Essay:
AINS is a leading global provider of cloud-based, adaptive case management platforms and solutions. Since 1988, AINS has empowered over 400 organizations around the world to rethink how they work by providing innovative software solutions and services. The development of case management technology has become an emerging approach to solving real-world business challenges across the public and private sectors in the past 25 years. Case management frameworks reduce the complexity of creating case-style process solutions by embedding best practices and architectural patterns into unified frameworks.
Unlike other BPM solutions that were retrofitted for case management, eCase was built for case management from the ground up, enabling faster prototyping and production of solutions across diverse business processes. By leveraging the power of our eCase platform, AINS excels at analyzing client business requirements and quickly configuring (not coding) lightweight, scalable solutions that adapt to the needs of our customers and our staff. This includes a variety of human resources solutions that are part of the eCase HR Suite of Applications.
We built our employee relations solution to automate and connect the full lifecycle of critical touchpoints in the employee journey. The application, eCase ER/LR (Employee Relations/ Labor Relations), is designed to fit into the HR Suite of Applications as a whole, complete HR solution. No more HR processes in a million places: all applications are centralized on the eCase Platform, integrated around the eCase Employee Portal.
AINS created the eCase Employee Portal with the goal of returning the focus of HR software processes back on the employee, rather than the processes themselves. With the Employee Portal, the power of the HR process is returned not only to HR personnel, but also to the employees. Together, the eCase Employee Portal and eCase ER/LR enable organizations to:¹
· Achieve better outcomes with data-driven decision making and adaptive workflows.
· Focus on employees with easy access to information and clear communication to enable better customer service.
· Promote engagement and encourage self-service through external web portals, automated correspondence and status updates.
· Connect activities through one unified platform to streamline ER across the enterprise.
· Improve visibility with greater insight into the workforce with dashboards, reports and data in real-time.
eCase ER/LR encompasses all types of requests and lines of works that management may encounter with agency employees and labor unions. Case types include Conduct Action, Performance Action, Performance Improvement Plan, Counseling, Administrative Grievance, Third Party Proceedings, Arbitration, Grievance, Demand to Bargain, Unfair Labor Practice, and Information Requests. All case types include a structured workflow with key roles typically required to process the case.
The eCase Platform,² its HR Suite of Applications, and the eCase Employee Portal⁶ were all designed with the principle that automated case management and HR processing shouldn’t cause users across the enterprise to rely on IT to continue operations. Rather, intuitive design and low coding allow any HR office to transform HR into an effective, comprehensive system geared toward the digital age. With eCase ER/LR, the eCase HR Suite of Applications becomes the solution. And with eCase’s configurable, scalable approach, eCase HR can evolve with HR demands, continuing to meet new business needs well beyond the typical five-year period of performance, greatly increasing return on investment.
Solution Provider Summary
AINS built eCase ER/LR to perform these core functions:
1. Integrate with the eCase Employee Portal and the HR Suite of Applications as part of one, unified HR solution.
2. Provide a big picture view of the employee experience.
3. Automate critical touchpoints from performance improvement plans, counseling and employee accommodations.
4. Capture, collaborate and share information.
5. Enable self-service with digital access points to complete paperwork, submit documentation and send/receive correspondence.
6. Use dynamic workflows for approvals, reviews and processing.
7. Generate reports and metrics with in depth reporting tools and dashboards.
8. Integrate with the new version 10.5 of the eCase Platform, complete with a more streamlined look and interface.