Company: GetResponse Sp. z o.o., Gdansk, Poland
Category: Training Programs or Media > Product Training
Everyone who joins GetResponse takes product training, led by our Customer Success Team. Even if they don’t deal directly with customers, this gives all staff the chance to experience the product for themselves – so they can see how it works and what it offers.
In the past, we always took a traditional approach to training: a coach-led lecture and presentation, followed by a test.
But last year, it was clear we needed to do things differently. Here’s why:
· The company was rapidly expanding. We now have offices in Boston (USA), Gdańsk (Poland), Warsaw(Poland), Moscow (Russia), Halifax (Canada) and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) – but not all have dedicated training coaches.
· Coaches had to travel to different locations to host each training session.
· The training was heavy on theory and light on hands-on product experience.
· We were distributing too many printed handouts
So we hunted for a new tool. One we could use to train people remotely.
And while we found plenty of options that ticked most of the boxes, it was our own product that ended up being the best solution: the GetResponse online marketing platform.
GetResponse helps marketers build a customer base, plan and send campaigns, and then analyze the results. We haven’t heard of anyone else using it for product training. But we figured it was the best way to expose our trainees to our product – and acquaint them with all its automation features.
We set up the training just like a marketing campaign. For remote recruits, a webinar welcomes them and share introduction and insights.
Everyone also gets the welcome email with a link to the first lesson. When they complete a section, they simply click a link to move on, and they receive a follow up with the next lesson. This is done via automation
They can also access all the training materials and documents through landing pages.
Meanwhile, coaches can use the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to control the training schedule and progress. In the end of the training week, trainees take an online test thru surveys.
Moving to online training has made a big difference:
· Our Training Quality Rating has risen from 4.82 to 4.93 out of 5.
· Average test scores have increased from 84% in 2017 to over 91% in 2018.
· We no longer print out training materials, reducing our environmental footprint.
Best of all, our new hires can experience our product first-hand, so they start their GetResponse journey with clarity and confidence.
" New hires can experience our product first-hand, so they start their GetResponse journey with clarity and confidence.
" Our Training Quality Rating has risen from 4.82 to 4.93 out of 5.
" Average test scores have increased from 84% in 2017 to over 91% in 2018.
" We no longer print out training materials, reducing our environmental footprint.
" It's a new case of product use for our customers, one more reason to use GetResponse.
" Business travel expenses of the CS department reduced by $12,000 in 2017