Company: StaffConnect, San Francisco, CA USA:
Nomination Category: Employee Engagement Solution – New Version
Employee engagement—defined in Forbes as “the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals”—is a critical part of any human resources, or internal communications strategy. Engagement enables businesses to reach their full potential by helping to create open communication channels, improve productivity, and retain talented staff. Engagement helps workers fulfill a wide range of personal and professional needs that can ultimately lead to feelings of life-changing self-actualization and the desire to make a social impact.
Yet surprisingly, according to a Gartner study, 87 percent of global employees across 142 countries feel disengaged in their jobs. In the U.S. alone, Gallup estimates that disengaged employees cost the nation’s economy $450 billion to $550 billion.
Most companies want to solve the problem but lack the technology solutions they need to communicate effectively with employees, including the 80 percent of employees globally who are considered “Non-Desk Employees” (NDE)s and work offsite.
StaffConnect Group is bridging the communication barrier between companies and their employees with an enterprise SaaS mobile employee communications platform. The StaffConnect app enables the emotionally connected organization and empowers the entire workforce to interact, share and collaborate with any form of employee communication, no matter where they are, or what they do.
When employees feel a part of something greater than themselves and feel proud to be a part of it, then they are more likely to not only actively connect but to engage and positively promote the organization, helping to build brand leadership while enhancing bottom line profitability.
Trying to accurately and efficiently measure employee engagement has presented HR professionals with an age-old, challenge. Engagement is an issue that concerns both the board and senior management as it impacts operating profit.
StaffConnect addresses this problem and provides a 360-degree view of both individual performance and the achievements of specific departments and teams, giving HR and senior management engagement-related insights as well as suggestions for improving engagement. The mobile app also has project-tracking functionality to allow staff and managers to look for collaboration opportunities, which offer another route to better engagement. Since the tool can be accessed remotely, managers can reach out to non-desk based staff and provide instant, accurate, tailored performance feedback.
StaffConnect is also unique in the field of workplace apps in that its design reflects the knowledge that measuring performance is only one part of the engagement equation. It’s not enough to just ask a few questions or assume a snapshot vision of how motivated someone appears to be. For an accurate picture, employers must look at engagement on an individual, team, and entire company basis.
StaffConnect app benefits:
· Effectively measure interaction with content and capture feedback on many types of corporate messages and initiatives
· Simplify ongoing management and analysis of surveys and data insights
· Allow behavioural insights across two-way digital engagement to help organizations begin to build a profile of workforce engagement across regions and functions
· Harness the future analytical power of big data and artificial intelligence to create dashboards and engagement “scores” with real-time insight, mapping workforce engagement at any point in time
StaffConnect offers not just the ability to improve team collaboration, but the option to understand how to use engagement metrics to actually increase engagement and business performance over the long term. It is the only tool today that can currently offer a single-point solution that encompasses this plethora of needs, transforming how companies reach, communicate, and engage with their employees.
With offices in London and San Francisco, StaffConnect is experiencing strong global growth across EMEA, North America, and AsiaPAC and helping customers such as Newell Rubbermaid, YMCA, Oxford Health and HCL Workforce Solutions to more effectively communicate and collaborate with their employees.
StaffConnect app allows staff (including NDEs) to access continuous updates of company news any time, any place since they’re designed with the capability for employers to broadcast important announcements directly to employees. Employees use the mobile app to access company video feeds from external sites such as YouTube or Vimeo. Gives users the ability to share, discuss, and interact with this information while connecting and working with their defined communities.
· Access to key reference information for knowledge attainment
· Calendaring and ability to quickly know what company events are planned
· Directory services to access employee profiles and contact information
· Gamification through quizzes, surveys, and polling that allows for a “temperature-check” of employee opinions and attitudes
· Social media interactivity
· Connection to senior management via asking questions and viewing responses
· Measurement tools to help employers make sense of gathered data to use to increase engagement